There are no current openings for Full-Time Employment Opprotunities at this time. Please check back again at a later date.
Applicants should expect to work anywhere from 20-30 hours per week, these hours would include working events. These hours will include both office hours and working community appearances and events, which may occur during non-traditional business hours. All positions all call for general administrative work such as maintaining/organizing files, data entry, sales calls, copying, filing and faxing. Applicants must possess strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills. Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet, along with other programs as listed by specific positions. Interns also must have the ability to work independently and must demonstrate initiative and the ability to prioritize when handling multiple tasks. A professional attitude will be expected. Interns must also have a form of reliable transportation. Please see below for descriptions of specific positions.
To be considered for an internship, you must include the following:
• Cover Letter
• Days/Hours available
• The department you are interested in applying for (must be written).
Please contact Emerald Painter at [email protected] with any general intern questions you may have.
- Represent the Sharks on game day at the Veterans Memorial Arena and enhance the fan experience for SharkNation
- Responsible for the setup and breakdown of the pregame festivities out in front of the arena called "Sharkfest"
- Assist in preparation for that game's theme night
- Setup the game day programs in the Shark Pit at both the Main Enterance and Duval Enterance
- Setup and breakdown the Reef and Cove Suites
- Assist with ALL on-field promotions, finding contestants, etc.
- Pass out any promotions
- Welcome the fans as they enter the arena
- Participate in the game's theme night (Dressing up is highly encouraged)
- Assist with all merchandise relative to the Jacksonville Sharks gameday fan shop
- Manage the game day merch and sell throughout the game including setup and breakdown
- Other Game Day Operations projects as needed
Want to plan the games? Learn the operational side of the Jacksonville Sharks? In addition to general office duties, interns will provide support in the following areas:
- Assist in developing idea to enhance the team's Theme Nights for the upcoming season
- Assist in finding and scheduling National Athem singers, color guard, and hometown heroes for each home game
- Manage Sharkfest that happens outside the arena two hours prior to every home game
- Plan out the games from start to finish
- Learn how to write out the game day scripts for the PA,DJ, Emcee, and Operations
- Reach out to partners to ensure contractual deliverables are met
- Prepare giveaway items
- Assist in creating gameday script
- Assign vendor locations for SharkFest & Concourse tables
- Maintain running inventory on various items
- Distribute marketing materials to partners
- Record and monitor inventory spreadsheets
- Other Operations projects as needed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Manage multiple relationships well
- Detail oriented and organized
- Competitive and committed
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
- Must provide own transportation
Are you a people person? Want to get into sports marketing? Be out in the Community? Join the Community Relations team. In addition to general office duties, Community Relations interns will provide support in the following areas:
- Representing the Sharks organization at community appearances and events, including setup and breakdown
- Participating in grassroots marketing initiatives as part of a "Street Team"
- Manage all community donation requests
- Research at different events events around the Jacksonville area to setup a booth
- Establishing relationships throughout the community to help coordinate and manage community appearances.
- Responsible for scheduling dance team appearances and mascot appearances
- Research community groups and charities to assist in selecting events that align with the Shark values
- Other community projects as needed
Do you have a knack for selling? Want a career in sales? In addition to general office duties, Sales interns will provide support in the following areas:
- Helping the organization generate new business by making outbound calls for both corporate partnerships and group ticket opportunities
- Assisting in the creation of partnership proposals and contracts
- Maintaining electronic database of sales contacts
- Learn how to make cold calls
- Learn how to use and operate the CRM system- ACT
- Other sales projects as needed
Please, no phone calls
Submit Your Resume
Back to Top
This internship offers the opportuntity to work closely with Corporate Sales/Sponsorship personnel, develop skills, and gain valuable experience in the exciting and fast-paced environment of a professional football team.
The Jacksonville Sharks are looking for students who want to gain real world corporate sales/sponsorship experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Fufill contractual elements of team sponsors
- Develop and maintain plans of action per sponsorship
- Draft correspondence and forms to current and potential sponsors
- Maintain client service interaction (i.e contractual elements have been fufilled; maintain rapport)
- Attend/staff organizational events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Learn how to use and operate the CRM system- Pipeline
The Jacksonville Sharks are seeking qualified candidates looking to pursue a career in multimedia journalism to assist the team's Media Relations and Community Relations departments. In addition to general office duties, Multimedia interns will provide support in the following areas:
- Assisting with team news stories, press conferences, and game day media packages.
- Assist with maintaining and organizing team history and community events on jaxsharks.com
- Assisting in management of team's social media accounts
- Producing video packages covering team's community appearances and events
- Creating highlight videos for use in team presentations
- Maintaining team's library of video footage
- Assist with any team media needs for locals new stations and broadcast teams.
Candidates for this internship should possess experience with video editing software (Final Cut Pro). A general familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite design and desktop publishing software is also a plus.
The Jacksonville Sharks are seeking qualified candidates looking to pursue a intership in graphic design to assist both the Multimedia and Marketing department. In addition to general office duties, Graphic Design interns will provide support in the following areas:
- Creating graphical assets to be used in the arena during the Sharks season
- Designing posters, flyers and other promotional marketing materials
- Preparing graphical presentations for potential corporate partners
- Creating infographics for use on team's social media platforms
- Maintaining the team's database of photographs
Candidates for this internship should posess experience with Adobe Creative Suite graphic design and desktop publishing software. Please include at least two design samples along with your resume and cover letter.
Looking to work directly with the football team? Candidates will work directly with the players and coaching staff. Must attend all home games. Hours are flexible and will be agreed upon by supervisor and intern. Experience in sports not necessary, but is preferred. Applicants must have their own form of transportation. The internship will run throughout the 2020 season (Spring and Summer)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work daily, including holidays and weekends as required during the season
- Prior experience in football and/or football equipment is a plus
- Knowledge of football or football equipment is a plus
- Ability to understand directions and work without direct supervision
- Assist the Equipment Manager with daily needs of the team and coaches
- Assist with live practice drills- Set up and breakdown of practice field- Team laundry
- Handling of team equipment- Planning for, and setting up for each home and away game
- Working field level during all home games
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisosr
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.